Points of Entry
FAQ — Frequently Asked Questions: Always a good place to start.
Exploring Character Points of Entry — The proper place to start is wherever one finds immediate usefulness:
- If you prefer to cut to the chase, consider the simple wisdoms themselves — Enter through “Simple Wisdoms“
- If you prefer to approach the topic from today’s hot topic of Character Education — Enter through “Character Education”
- If you prefer to look at instances where Simple Wisdoms can be directly applied to classroom situations — Enter through “Examples of instances where Character Education can be imbedded in the curriculum”
Books and papers
- Individuals Journalism and Society
- Educating Stability: Social Studies is the canary in the coal mine — an examination how good basics in Common Core have been co-opted to serve as cover for the remaking of American culture.
- Education of a Useful Sort – Driving a car shows schooling misses the target.
- Making the Case – Why simple wisdoms
- Model School Letters
- School Needs – for effective school-wide character education
- Draft Mission Statement —
- How to Proceed – Why teach more than virtues
- Why a Character Centered Life — It’s in your long term interest.
- Virtue Process Concepts — More effective than teaching virtues
Simple Wisdoms — An early draft of concepts mostly left to chance in schooling.
Great Thinkers — Some of those who have addressed the simple daily problems of living.
Reading list — Pointers to readings that have made a difference.